Battery Load RZ67 w/AE Finder

dennisbrown

I own an RZ67 with the AE Finder (not the II). Earlier this week, I was testing some old expired film for function and metering, and I couldn't get any meter reading with the AE Finder. As late as three weeks ago it seemed to work fine. I removed the battery and put it on my Radio Shack volt/ohm meter, and it displayed 5.86 volts. I got a similar reading on my Klein (5.85v). Neither meter tests with a load.

I found a new Duracell L28 in another bag, and installed it. Everything works fine now. Just wondering if these 6v systems are that sensitive when the voltage drops below the stated amount on the battery. I'm aware that the smaller the battery, the less capacity, and it seems like this is the case here.

L28 or 28L ?

The former is AA rechargable 1.2V, the latter is a lithium 6V

Bronica AE111 finder throws in the towel at 5.5V. The only winner is the battery maker

Silver Oxide batteries hold their voltage longer. I've used four 1.5V S/O button batteries to test the Bronica when I first bought it and before obtaining the correct 6V alkaline battery. The button batteries worked good but they needed taping together and a piece of aluminium foil folded up tight to make up for a slight shortfall in length

L28 or 28L ?

The former is AA rechargable 1.2V, the latter is a lithium 6V

Bronica AE111 finder throws in the towel at 5.5V. The only winner is the battery maker

Silver Oxide batteries hold their voltage longer. I've used four 1.5V S/O button batteries to test the Bronica when I first bought it and before obtaining the correct 6V alkaline battery. The button batteries worked good but they needed taping together and a piece of aluminium foil folded up tight to make up for a slight shortfall in length

The battery is a 28L. I mistyped the model. I'll see about finding the S/O batteries. Most of the locals only carry the 28L, if and when you can find them. I also prefer the S/O. The AE Prism Finder is a battery hog, and really drains the power.