Battery Grip Options for 40D/50D

Discussion in 'Canon EOS' started by timothy_pia, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Hi Folks,
    I was considering adding a battery grip to my Canon 40D, but am a bit disappointed that Canon decided to leave off the "AF-ON" button on the BG-E2N. So I started looking at other options and just happend to notice this grip pictured in Ken Rockwell's Canon 50D review. It can be found about half way down the page under "Ultrasonic Sensor Cleaner" I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find this particular model grip. It is definitely not Canon's BG-E2N, so what is it? Any ideas? And yes I have emailed Ken and have yet to get a response so in the mean time I'd thought I'd ask the forum. Thanks.
    Here's the exact link: http://kenrockwell.com/canon/50d.htm
    .......and the photo of the 50D with attached grip as seen in the review:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Here's the back of Canon's BG-E2N for comparison:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I believe the grip that you saw on Ken's review is a wifi attachment, not a dedicated battery grip. The wifi attachment also doubles as a grip in this case but can only take in 1 battery, if I am not wrong, as opposed to 2 for the battery grip.

3. Too bad those things are sooo much money.
    Cool idea, out of reach for most...
    -Mario

4. I'm wondering how far the range is and how long a full Raw takes to transfer in the REAL world?
    Anyone have experience with ANY of the Canon wifi grips including the attachments for the 1 series cameras?

5. If you click the link Bobby provided, there are a few reviews on BH...
    -Mario

6. Well I guess that answers that. Thanks guys. Maybe Canon will add the "AF-ON" switch on there next revamp of the battery grip. Until then, I think I can wait. Thanks again.