Battery compartment cover - D500

david_simon

Some how the battery compartment cover on my D500 has gone missing. I have sent an email to Nikon Canada asking if they have one and how much, but fear that if they do it will cost a fortune. Anyone know where I can find one ? There are several advertised on ebay but most are form China and the pictures don't match the actual cover.

How about these ones found on AliExpress. Do they match?

US $23.0 |NEW Original For Nikon D500 Battery Door Lid Cover Bottom Base Plate Camera Replacement Spare Part|lid|lid cover| - AliExpress

US $18.71 22% OFF|New Original For Nikon D500 Battery Door Cover Lid For Camera Replacement|screen g7|screen display|screen lcd - AliExpress

US $21.99 |New Battery Door Cover Lid For Nikon D500 SLR Replacement Unit Repair Part|Body Parts| | - AliExpress

Yes, they are made in China. Don't let that bother you overmuch. Do be warned, however, that shipments from China are significantly delayed these days. I have a lens part on order from AliExpress myself. It hasn't shipped yet.

Same thing happened to the battery compartment door on a D810 I was using back in 2015. I went hiking and it was gone by the end of the day. The D810 uses the same door part as the D800/D800E. I bought one (actually two) from Nikon USA. It was like US$4 to 5 each at the time, similar to what CPM shows above. I almost ended up paying more for shipping.

Getting parts maybe a bit difficult/delayed during this COVID-19 period.

OP is in Canada. Nikon USA will not ship parts to Canada.

The Nikon Store can only deliver to postal street addresses in the 50 United States and District of Columbia.

If Nikon Canada offers an online parts store, I can't find it. :(

Maybe a friend in the U.S. can help you ?

Anyway it shows a price of 5 to 6 US $, so a shop in Canada should also be able to help you out i guess?