batteries and eos 3, eos 30 .

sanjay_chaudary

• 3 weeks later...

I think that you have got no answer because no one is quite sure what you are asking.

I don't have a Elan, but I do have an EOS-3- it's actually one of my favorite film cameras.

You are aware, I assume, that the EOS-3 has no image storage memory. That's all on the film still.

The camera does remember settings for its preferences, but that is a separate battery from the 2CR5, as I remember without going back to the manual (available from Butkus's site).

I have both cameras, the EOS-3 and the Elan 7e. I remove the batteries from those cameras when they are not in use, because I rarely use them anymore. Also the EOS-3 still uses a trickle of battery power even when it's off. As far as I know, neither camera imprints information on the film unless they have a data-back. If you meant the frame-counter that does not change when you remove the battery, or when the battery dies...

• 2 weeks later...

The specification is 6.0V, so 6.2V should be good, but what really counts is under load.

They are rated based on a 200 ohm load, and should be more than 4.0V under load.

Yes, in the old days with mechanical frame counters we didn't have to worry about that.

Edited by glen_h

-- glen