Batch Convert from RAW to DNG ?

CS2 + Bridge, Canon RAW files.....

<p>

Would like to know if there's a way to batch convert to DNG after doing first pass adjustments in Adobe

Camera Raw (and obviously preserving these edits) ? I can see how to do it on individual files. Do I need

to create an Action? Is that the only way? Any workflow suggestions welcome and appreciated. BTW- I

just ordered the DAM book, which I'm sure will cover more than I can imagine right now. Thanks!

Select the images in Bridge, and on the PC CNTL + R will open Camera RAW in Bridge with all selected images displayed as a filmstrip along the side. You can make all you RAW adjustments here and when complete select all and the save button will now say save x images. Click the save button and save as DNG is one of the options. All adjustments you made will be saved in the DNG file.

I use DNG as my RAW file format since all RAW settings are saved in the DNG file rather than a sidecar XMP file as is required with the RAW file from the camera. I then only have one file to keep up with for each image. I keep my unadjusted RAW file from the camera also.

As Eric said: DNG Converter.

If you've processed a non-DNG in Camera Raw, you have a sidecar, and DNG Converter will

take what's in it and incorporate that into the DNG (still as XMP, and therefore preserving the

original raw data), and even use the Camera Raw settings to create the embedded JPEG

preview.

--Marc