Batch convert from PSD to TIFF in Photoshop

1) Create an Action which opens a PSD file, sizes it, flattens it, and does a save as to a TIFF

file.

<br><br>

2) Open Bridge on the files you want to work on. Select the ones you want, then go to the

Tools->Photoshop->Batch command. Set up in the dialog box all the parameters you

want for the output. Click OK.

<br><br>

Go have a cup of coffee and wait for your TIFF files to be done.

<br><br>

Godfrey

You can use image processor that comes with PS/Adobe Bridge where you select the format, dimensions, quality, etc. You can even apply any photoshop action during conversion. From the bridge, select Tools --> Photoshop --> Image Processor (I might be a little off on the exact menu items here, I do not have access to Photoshop right now.)

oh, by the way, i will never suggest to create a action containing a SAVE or SAVE AS in...

Why? Many reason, but let start with this one; If you delete the directory you originaly choose when saving, the action will stop with a error, and you could search a long tiem before knowing that was the problem. Oh and this one, let say by error you are working on a PSD, you hit the rong action, BAM, you file is now flatten, close and save as a TIF.

not good.

In any action you do, never included a save or save as. let image processor take care of that.

just my oppinion.

Nonsense, Patrick. All it takes is that you create actions that do the job correctly. If you

can't do that, well, that's not Photoshop's problem.

I have a standard Action group that does a variety of Save As operations to transform to

different file formats. They're called by other actions as part of a sequence for all kinds of

things. I've never once had a problem using them.

As always, there are many ways to get things done in Photoshop. I have never used the

Image Processor much, I find it clumsy to set up and get the results I'm looking for, but

I'm sure it works ok for a lot of stuff.

Godfrey

Image Processor is clumsy to use? It takes three clicks to execute a batch conversion. Perhaps if you type with your thumbs only?

Image Processor does not add any steps like color adjustment or sharpening. For that you must use an action or script. You can adjust RAW images using ACR without opening the files. You can save more elaborate adjustments (e.g., masking) as TIFF files before doing a batch conversion. Image processor can start from any file and save the results as TIFF, PSD or JPEG. The JPEG quality is the same as last used manually from Photoshop.

I understand indeed, that action are the way to go for many, if not all batch process...i just dont see the point of creating one for a simple PSD to TIF, when a *clumsy* filter can do it right everytime without any knowledge from the user. This filter save me a lot of time, when in need i had to save 4000 images, in TIF and JPEG with diffrent format and quality; 1 process, 2 file = lot of time save.

Still, i think that adding a save or save as in a action is dangerous in case of a mistake...i remember someone in PN not so long ago that have a action that was cropping and saving is image to a so small format (by mistake) that he have to rescan everything .... ever heard of that?

• 1 month later...