Basic navigation is so disfunctional!

Coho

After reading most of the posts about the new site, seems to me that it was activated far too soon. I think I'm going to stick to just looking at the Nikon forum and not bother with any other part of the forum until it gets sorted out.<br><br>I will post one more question, is there a payment level that eliminates advertisements, can't find a listing of that anywhere. Wait, I just figured it out, in my account the View Options link (which at first I thought was for changing the way the page looked, maybe change the wording to Membership Options). So there's no way to eliminate ads, even with Premium payment, again not like any of the other forums I frequent.

I just posted a brief navigation guide on the How-To thread -- it'd help me out a lot if people could give me some feedback on whether it makes it easier to navigate the site, and suggestions for what might make the description clearer.

Leslie, I wish the navigation/functionality used for following photographers in the old format was restored/introduced into the favorites of the new format. On the old site, you chose to follow a photographer who was added to a list in your workspace and whose latest submissions were added in stream to your workspace. If you wanted to revisit the work of a photographer, you drilled down through the shooter's name on the list to get to the portfolios. In the new site, favorite photographers and their associated thumbnails are dumped on to one page where you scroll and click load more to see more . In the new site, there is no way, intuitive at least, to go directly to a shooter's work, which for the sake of convenience, should be organized by portfolio, not just presented in a shotgun style. Also, it was easier to unfollow a photographer in the old site. In the new site, because all the favorite photographers' work is dumped into one page, you most likely have to scroll and load for several minutes to find the the shooter you want to unfollow.

Also, in general in the new site, scrolling and pressing a load more button to see way to big thumbnails is really inefficient with respect to time and user effort, compared to the response and navigation of the horizontal page change functionality of the old site. I hope this is the kind of feedback you want. I really hope you restore/introduce the navigational functionality from the the old site.

By the way, could you please create a hyperlink to the material you reference your responses? That kind of navigation would help us all learn faster.

Also, you have a lot of good work in your portfolio.

Edited by Robert W. Pillow

Leslie, I wish the navigation/functionality used for following photographers in the old format was restored/introduced into the favorites of the new format. On the old site, you chose to follow a photographer who was added to a list in your workspace and whose latest submissions were added in stream to your workspace. If you wanted to revisit the work of a photographer, you drilled down through the shooter's name on the list to get to the portfolios. In the new site, favorite photographers and their associated thumbnails are dumped on to one page where you scroll and click load more to see more . In the new site, there is no way, intuitive at least, to go directly to a shooter's work, which for the sake of convenience, should be organized by portfolio, not just presented in a shotgun style. Also, it was easier to unfollow a photographer in the old site. In the new site, because all the favorite photographers' work is dumped into one page, you most likely have to scroll and load for several minutes to find the the shooter you want to unfollow.

Also, in general in the new site, scrolling and pressing a load more button to see way to big thumbnails is really inefficient with respect to time and user effort, compared to the response and navigation of the horizontal page change functionality of the old site. I hope this is the kind of feedback you want. I really hope you restore/introduce the navigational functionality from the the old site.

By the way, could you please create a hyperlink to the material you reference your responses? That kind of navigation would help us all learn faster.

Also, you have a lot of good work in your portfolio.[/quote