Basic help with Konica C35V

Hello,

I discovered this camera in my home two weeks ago.

It had a cartridge inside and a flash device and I follow a manual found on Internet to setup the camera. After placed the battery on the camera and the flash I can see an strong red color in the shape looking by the objetive and also the flash icon, so I mean It is working.

The problem is that I don't know if I taking photos when I shot, also I don't know if the cartridge is empty after setting up it to the correct place to take photos. Also, when I shot the flash device doesn't show any light.

Am I forgetting some configuration?.

Thank you

Not sure if I'm understanding what you're doing with the camera. If the film cartridge was already in the camera I would rewind the film into the cassette and remove it. That way you can start with fresh film to fully check out the camera. Before loading release the shutter a few times with the back open and observe the light coming through the lens. If the light is circular then the lens is wide open. Under brighter light the light should be diamond shaped (shape of aperture/shutter blades). Be sure the camera is set on auto for this. I've got a C35V and have been using them since the mid-70's and find them to be reliable picture takers.

I would try the first roll without the flash just to see if the camera works properly. Flash exposure is manual on this camera so when you do use flash you will switch from auto to manual aperture.

Good luck and feel free to ask more questions if needed.