Barn Wars

BTW - I was told, "Only a freaking maniac would soup that stuff in Diafine! Don't do it!"

Whatever.

I did the normal 3 minutes soak. Dev time was 1m/45secs. Looks pretty smooth to me. Water stopped (three fills and dumps), fixed for 10 mins. Hung out.

I like the over-all silvery tonality of the first shot, which I think is partly attributable to the Diafine. I've been using that combination too, and it is often hard to decide whether to just keep the image as-is or play with the curves and contrast to get more blacks. I thought that first shot of the calf was really outstanding in terms of composition, tonality and detail rendering.

<i><b>Mike Connealy wrote</b>"I like the over-all silvery tonality of the first shot, which I think is partly attributable to the Diafine. I've been using that combination too, and it is often hard to decide whether to just keep the image as-is or play with the curves and contrast to get more blacks. I thought that first shot of the calf was really outstanding in terms of composition, tonality and detail rendering."</i><p>

I need to stock up on my 120 stores, think I might go with the AGFA given the results I got here. I like Diafine for the speed of development time, and am now curious about using it at even shorter solution-B times to improve grain and so on, if it will work. The AGFA is nice and silvery - I noticed that I need to do little to make the images look nice off the scanner. All of them were exposed at 1/125 f16 to f11, but seem to have been close enough for government work.<p>

Your kudos is much appreciated, Mike.

<p>

Craig