Bamboo or Intuos Wacom tablet for photography editing???

Hi, I need you advise!

I cannot decide between tablets - I know it should be Wacom and I am thinking between Bamboo (models

One or Fun) and Intuos 3 A6 Wide.

I know that Intuos is more sensitive, but it is also more expencive. And the major question is - do I need

that sensitivity and other improvements of Intuous for Photograhy editing with CS3?

Or would the Bamboo model fulfill my needs? If I should choose between Bamboo, which of the models

would suite for my needs most? Bamboo One anyhow is the cheapest model... will I get more actual

benefit with "Fun"?

I am doing mostly nature Photography and work with Mac OS, Aperture and Photoshop CS3

bets, and thansk for your advises

Zymantas

This might not help but...I have both. I keep an Intuos 3 6x8 at home and LOVE it. Recently

got the Bamboo for when I'm not home. It stays in my laptop bag so I know I have it when I

need it. I got the version without the mouse since I don't use the mouse that came with the

Intuos.

Good luck!

-Ilene

hi, having both is defintly not an option for be, I would be aiming at one. But Ilene, how

would you say how do you feel the difference between both? Is the Intuos higher quality is

MUST to have or for photography editinng Bamboo is fully OK?

I know that Intos supports 1024 levels, but maybe for photo editing 512 (or whatever

Bamboo has) is suffitient?

I recently picked up the Bamboo and to date I have been pleased with it. I'm not sure you would miss the 1,024 levels of sensitivity (the reviews I read indicated that for photo editing the 512 is more than sufficient), or the barrel tilt detection. As I understand it, the barrel tilt detection, and various nibs available for the Intuos line, are critical if you are actually painting/drawing with the tablet.

Check out this <A HREF="http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00NwfM">Link</A> to see results of a similar question.

The resolution of the Bamboo is much higher than any mouse, and it is a tablet with absolute positioning (optionally relative or "mouse" positioning). I guess you could do 80% of what an Intuous3 tablet permit. The main disadvantage is that it is so small that you have to use finger motions rather than the artist's preferred arm motion. You should be fine for selective masking and dust spotting - the most common activities with a pen tablet.

The size may actually be an advantage for portability. The smallest Intuos3 tablet is only slightly smaller than a laptop, and a 6x8" Intuous3 (my preference) has the footprint of a 17" laptop. It will fit in my laptop bag, but barely.

• 3 years later...