Baldessa Disassembly

I don't see a forum for 'repair' or 'servicing' (or something of that nature), so forgive me for asking this in

the (possibly) wrong place. Has anyone out there disassembled a Balda Baldessa? I bought it for $5 at the

local 'junk' shop and am trying my hand at repair/restoration. The top plate was easy and the RF unit

came out without too much trouble. But the bottom plate and the lens subassembly have me stumped. I'd

buy or download a repair manual if I could find one. HELP! (And thanks in advance)<div>00PB5l-42937384.JPG.98a8921d4810b9faf6b815bff2154ae0.JPG</div>

I found it to be the Ia model, dating from about 1958. Quite a unique design. My guess would be that you will need some kind of friction tool to screw out that large middle lens group fitting. You might try the method I illustrated in <a href="http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00KlnD" target="new">a recent thread</a> on the Kodak 35. No guarantee that will work, but it isn't likely to do any harm either.

Thanks Donnie - will do. And Mike - your method worked! Got the second (middle?) group

out, plus a few other bits & bobs. Took a series of digi pics so I can have a prayer of putting

it back together. Now to remove the shutter assembly from the (carrier?). I have a feeling the

two retaining rings (inner secures the third lens group, outer secures the shutter) will have to

be removed from the backside of the film chamber (forgive my home-grown terminology --

I don't know the proper names yet).<div>00PBGl-42942784.jpg.1710481c5d514d78a2888a2fbec6e767.jpg</div>

The best advice I can give you is have a clean work surface that has an edge to it so screws can't roll off. And DO NOT pile all your pieces into one stack. Make lots of little piles based on the location and order that things came apart. And whatever you do... don't let the cats into the room!

I used to have a bookmark somewhere with Prontor SVS disassembly instructions... I'll see if I can find it later this evening.