Bag for CANON Powershot A630

gregor_pawlowski

I have recently bought a CANON Powershot A630 and and now I am looking for an

appropriate bag to carry it around.

I have seen some bundle offers with the CANON DDC-80 bag, but on the CANON

website it says that this bag is not for the A630. Unfortunately, the Tamrac

website has not yet been updated with the new CANON models, so I don't know

which bag to choose.

Can anyone recommend a bag or tell me if the A630 fits into the DDC-80 bag?

The "Official" Canon bag for the A630 is the PSC-60. It is made of vinyl and can only carry the camera on your belt. I preferred the Tamrac Digital 3 (5693) because it has a shoulder strap, belt loop and a zipper pocket to carry extra memroy and battery. The Digital 2 (5692) may even fit your camera. The Tamrac web site has all their bags and dimension listed. So you can find out which one will fit your camera. Hope this helps.

I use the Tamrac 5691 with an A640. It is a snug fit but not so much that it is difficult to remove the camera. It has a snap-buckle lid, a front zipper pocket in which you can store 4 AA batteries plus an SD memory card in a protective case, shoulder strap, a hook-and-loop belt strap which also has a snap closure for added security on your belt. The only trouble I have with the snap closure it is difficult to engage with the camera loaded and on your belt. I find I need to secure the snap closure and then put the camera in the case. I have not looked at the 5692 or 5693, they may offer more room.

The Tamrac 5692 might be a better solution than my 5691. The 5692 is slightly wider and deeper, which offers a little bit more ease. The interior height of the 5692 is one-quarter inch less than the 5691 but I don't think that presents a problem. The B&H Photo website recommends the 5692 specifically for the Canon Powershot A610, and the A610/620/630/640 dimensions are quite similar.

I went to B&H with my A630 and like the fit of the Tamrac 5691 better than the 5692. The 5691 is smaller and fits more snuggly without being tight. I wanted a bag that could be worn on a belt and carry an exra card and set of batteries. At first I bought a Lowepro bag (Rezo 50), which was smaller and even a snugger fit, but didn't like how it opened. The Lowepro did have a better, more secure belt loop. My son now has the Lowepro for his A70.