Backdrop Roller Systems

corrim

Yes..I did a search and couldnt find what I was looking for. I am interested

in a manual backdrop roller system (price). I have only so far seen

Dynatran. How do these work? What kind of backdrops go on them? Has anyone

used them or has one. I am looking for ease in switching backgrounds for

portraits. Any suggestions? I remember as a kid getting my school picture

taken and the photographer had a system that pulled down like window shades.

Seems pretty basic but it worked!

Thanks!

The best background systems are DIY. IT is also a consideration if you are looking for portable, mobile, studio, etc. The background dimensions come into play. There are several in a friend's studio that are little more than metal conduit (used in electrical work) some hardware and small ropes with some marine hardware to secure it all in place. A few sandbags to keep it tight and turn on the lights. I don't think he has more than $75 in the system (not incl backgrounds). His has 5 canvas backgrounds, each on their own roll. They are 14ft wide and 15-20ft tall, extra for laying on floor over curved base.

Corri,

I just bought one of these off Ebay and installed it this weekend. I paid less that $40.00 including shipping. I ordered rolls of seamless paper from Calumet photo (about $100.00 for two roll inc. shipping). It works great. Here's the link:http://cgi.ebay.com/DYNATRAN-BACKGROUND-SUPPORT-EXPANSION-DRIVE-KIT-DSE-6_W0QQitemZ170050043796QQihZ007QQcategoryZ79006QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The answer for me was found here on photonet. It is the roll easy system by phot tec.

http://www.phototechinc.com/rolleasy_buy.htm

This is the system I am going with in the new studio. I am adding support to the walls tomorrow and will be ordering the unit next week. Hope to have it up and running by Dec. 1st. Email me for quesitons. www.csphotography.us