Baby Brownie Focus? Close up?

<p>I just got a pretty little original Baby Brownie camera that I would like to shoot. Anyone know where the focus is set in this model? Kodak states that the the Baby Brownie Special is focused down to 5ft. Also, is there a kodak portrait filter for this camera? Anyone know which number? Any tips? Anyone else shooting one of these?</p>

<p>thanks!</p>

<p>I don't have one, but depending on how it opens and whether it has a B setting, maybe it's possible to stretch some magic transparent tape across the film rollers while looking through the lens. Then point it at things and see what looks sharpest. Can't do it on many Brownies, because they don't open at the back; but maybe this one? Gene will know.</p>

<p>nope, you can't get to the back of the film plane on this one either... and no B setting anyway. I'll go on the assumption that it's about the same as the Special...</p>

<p>but I'd really like a "Portrait Attachement" if one was made... anyone come across the manual or have information, I'd really appreciate it.</p>

<p>Gene M's stuff looks promising... but nothing very close...</p>

<p>thanks!</p>

<p>Yeah, I've looked at the butkus manual... but it's for the Baby Brownie Special, I have the first version. Anyone know if the lens "rings" (protrusions really) are the same size?</p>

<p>From Gene M's images, it looks like maybe 8-10ft is fine... but certainly not 5ft. Anyone know what the actual focus length is? Seems pretty long based on the sports finder framing (if I can trust that!).</p>

<p>thanks!</p>