B9180 3rd Party Inks - Hefger-media

I see hefger-media are advertising 3rd party inks for the B9180 at about a fifth the price of the HP inks. Does anyone

have any experience of whether these are any good at all please? I am aware of the argument that you just need to

use HP inks and charge more for your pictures, but I generally print far more for an exhibition than I sell. I could

always use 3rd party inks for display and HP for the ones I actually sell.

HP's the cheapest printer to operate to begin with. It's got easily replaced print heads so be sure to take that into your calculations when you ponder the possible price advantage of junk inks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

<p>i'm also usung hefger inks... no problems with both exhibition and sales prints... don't know how andrew would change his inks between his various uses of the printer.<br>

my dealer in the uk now charges over 33gbp for 17ml ink... around 2 pounds a ml... over 2000 pounds a litre or 10,000 quid a uk gallon.<br>

that' s rocket fuel prices. nobody can surely justify those prices for inkjet ink.<br>

on three months experience of producing gallery prints which are equal in quality to hp based prints and which have not faded any differently to hp inks ( very scientific... tape two prints in full daylight and try to see difference).</p>

<p>nuff said</p>