<p>Hi All,<br />I have an Epson 3800 giving me excellent prints in color, and now I would like to do some monochrome ones. The look I want to get to close to is the kind John Sexton does (naturally conventional prints in his case). I am not talking about his images, just the quality and look of his prints.<br />I like those luminous deep-black to crispy-white prints for some of my images. Also, this sample from Per Volquartz (it seems like the upload is bit quite hokey)<br />What would be the best paper to use with my 3800 in the Advanced B&W Mode? For color I use Inkjet Art's Micro Ceramic Luster paper to good effect.<br />Thank you,<br />GS</p>

<p>Patric,<br />It seems like than that if you get good results with Epson Luster, then my Micro Ceramic Luster paper should work well. I use MC Luster in lieu of the Epson kind. I should have tested these two against each other (in color), but haven’t and I only printed toned look-alike B&Ws.<br /><br />Robert,<br />Smell is important to me :-)) I really miss the smell of a newly opened box of 4x5 transparency as digital is just not the same. I am going to try both through Advanced B&W and see which one is the winner.<br />Thank you both,<br /><br />GS</p>

<p>Both Harman FB and Ilford Gold Silk FB are excellent papers. Both have a Baryta coating, incorporating optical brighteners like traditional darkroom papers. I also am growing increasingly fond of Museo Silver Rag, which has the air-dried glossy surface of traditional papers, but without the Baryta coating and optical brighteners. It has a slightly warmer white base than the Ilford and Harmon. All are genuine fiber-based rather than resin-coated papers like traditional fine-art wet-darkroom papers.</p>

<p>I still miss Agfa's MC Classic's look. I found its bright white base with a slightly warm emulsion irresistable. All three of the above-named inkjet papers get close, but unless Adox (which is now producing the old Agfa formula paper) comes out with an inkjet paper, it's unlikely that we'll get an exact equivalent.<br>

Larry</p>

<p>Epson's Exhibition fiber has worked well for me on my Epson 2400 & 3800. I much prefer it's deep,deep blacks to the results that I can get with Museo silver rag, FB Harmans & Ilford Gold Silk.<br>

The down side is the cost, but it does seem to go on sale every now & again</p>