ciofalo

I am posting this message again because the last version was probably

unclear and contained a mistake. The problem is, I bought a used Zenza

Bronica SQ-A and was disappointed to find out that the shutter speed

selector does not include "B" and "T" settings, the longest time

available being 8 seconds. I cannot believe that a professional camera

does not allow for long exposures, so there must be a way of obtaining

them! Can anyone help me?

Time exposures are made by using a lever on the lens. All SQ lenses should have a time exposure lever located 180 degrees from the top. Depending upon the type of lens, S or PS, you must pull out the locking pin by unscrewing or lifting it out to release the lever. Next cock the shutter. Then move the lever to reveal the T setting. The shutter will stay open when you release the shutter. To close the shutter you must move the lever back to the A setting.

The lens that comes with the Bronica SQ-B (80mm f/2.8) kit does not have this lever. As far as I can tell this is the only lens that does not have this lever.

Also .. the lever on some lenses require you to "unscrew" part way a silver screw that normally prevents you from moving the lever by accident.

Ken

Thanks for the above responses. Yes, there is a lever on the lens that commutes between "T" and "A" settings, and there is a screw to

loosen in order to release it. Your answers have been of great help.

What I cannot figure out is, why Bronica did not just put usual "B"

and "T" settings along with the other exposure times. The available

device is better than nothing, but it is quite awkward as you inevitably move the camera in order to close the shutter.

Thanks again

Michele Ciofalo

Michele,

I am guessing that Bronica engineers were trying to find a way to insure zero battery drain during long exposures. But I tend to agree, the slide switch to close the shutter moves pretty hard and it is easy to move the camera while trying to close the shutter. I have considered using the lens cap first, then closing the shutter.

Ken