Auto white balance changed on Nikon Df

bebu_lamar

<p>I have been shooting the Df since I bought it with the white balance on auto. I noticed that it generally err on setting the color temp too high and makes the pictures look warm. It's OK as I shoot RAW and I can easily correct it. However in the recent trip I noticed that it err the other way around setting to color temp too low and makes the pictures look too cool. I wonder what I could possible do to change it?</p>

<p>There's a tweak for all the White Balance settings - well on all the Nikon DSLRs I own there is, but I don't have a Df. You should be able to set A-1 to 6 to give a warmer tone (A is for amber), or B-1 to 6 to get a colder (Bluer) rendering. Then there's deeper menu options to customise the WB settings with a LAB colour graph. With that you can alter the Magenta/Green balance as well as Blue/Yellow. This is covered on pp84-87 in the Df manual. You can also use WB bracketing.</p>

<p>Check you haven't got a WB shift set by accident BeBu.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Check you haven't got a WB shift set by accident BeBu.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>This something that I have done-accidentally on a couple of occasions simply by scrolling through menus and using the wring button to exit from a choice. And WB can also be accidentally changed by a couple of finger slips while trying to do other tasks. </p>

<p>I am pretty sure most Nikons do this the same way, even if there are shortcuts on some. If you go to the menu and find "white balance," go to "auto" and right arrow when it's highlighted, you'll get an x-y graph, in which the center point is the default for that setting. To restore it just arrow back to the center and hit [OK] to save it.</p>