Auto Tamron 3mm f/1:2.8 Lens Mount

<p>Please can you assist me in finding the suitable adapted for my lens, I'm having difficulties.<br /> I recently purchased an Auto Tamron 35mm f/1:2.8 lens (please find attached pictures), and I have a Nikon D3300.<br /> I bought the wrong adapted and I got told that "the lens looks like modified or built in Topcon Exakta mount (the stoppers are like Exakta mount)" and would need a Exacta-Nikon adapter. Is this correct, or would you recommend something else?</p>

<p>I have this sane lens, with a Nikon F mount adapter. You might look on eBay by searching Nikon Tamron. You are bound to turn up some old Adaptamatic lenses with the Nikon F adapter attached. This may be less costly than trying to find the adapter by itself. </p>

<p>I would second the suggestion above. Although the Tamron is probably a decent lens and it might pay to have an adapter if you intend to expand your collection of old Tamrons, if all you need is a good 35/2.8 lens, there are others that are probably comparable, including Nikon, which made a number of them, including pre-AI lenses that will function on a D3300.</p>

<p>Nikon's F mount has the longest register (distance of lens from film/sensor plane) of any common SLR, and because of this, other brands of lenses cannot easily be adapted to it, unless the adapter has compensating glass in it. So an Exakta to Nikon mount would be a poor idea, almost certainly less useful than the right lens. </p>

<p>You are aware, I presume, that the D3300 will accept any Nikon mount lens (including pre-AI despite the Nikon disclaimer), but will not meter with any manual lens. </p>

<p>If it's an adaptable lens and you bought the wrong adaptor, return the adaptor and buy the right one. If it's in Exakta mount and not adaptable, return the lens. There are plenty of similar lenses in Nikon mount available at good prices, including actual Nikkors, that there's no need wasting money or time trying to jerry-rig something that wasn't meant to be.</p>