Attachment problems with ET 22-68 Vario Tube

lutherhert

<p>I am having a release problem with a Rollei ET 22-68 Vario Tube. I researched the issue in the forum and the Internet, but found nothing. The lens (120 mm PQS Macro ) and the Tube (ET 22-68 Vario Tube ) were purchased together. They arrived attached to each other with the rear lens cap on the back end of the tube and the front lens cap on the front end of the lens. I removed the caps and proceeded to separate the lens and tube for inspection. They were difficult to separate, but I managed to get them separated. I checked for any obvious reasons that the separation was difficult and found none.<br>

I mounted the 6008 I, Rollei Macro bellows, ET 22-68 Vario Tube, retro adapter, and the 120 mm lens, in that order on to my tripod for testing. I went through a roll of film, while testing for electrical connections, TTL metering, and so forth. All went well. When I attempted to remove the retro adapter from the front end of the ET 22-68 Vario Tube, it was stuck firmly in place and I cannot remove it like I did the lens before.<br>

Can anyone advise me on how to safely remove a stuck retro-adapter from the front end of an ET 22-68 Vario Tube? Also, what may be causing items to fail to release from the front end of the ET 22-68 Vario Tube?<br>

Thank you,</p>

• 4 months later...