Argus C4 repair?

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by royall_berndt, Nov 24, 2017.

1. I have an excellent C4, but the rangefinder is haywire. Any repairmen for old Arguses?

2. The price (not equal to value) of a C-4 is low enough (ca $20) that I suspect that it would be hard to find a repair person.

On the other hand, this is a good one to learn some repairs on -- if it goes wrong, you're not horribly impacted....

A former member here has a useful post on this camera (Rick Oleson) [scroll to end for the range finder]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  3. There is an Argus-specific group, the Argus Collectors Group which has some info online and also has a forum on Yahoo Groups where some fairly knowledgeable folks hang out. My (very limited) experience only relates to the C-3.

4. It's been some years, but long ago I got a C-4 that had a bum rangefinder and a couple of other problems, but when I opened it I found it very easy to work on. Compared to newer cameras, this one has very little in it, and lots of space. As I say its been many years, but as I recall the rangefinder adjustments were pretty easy.