Argus 75

• 2 weeks later...

Ken,

I"ve got one of these!! Gene M seems to have many. I think I've got the flash too... I will treasure this because my Dad gave it

to me back in the late 70's. A 50 year old school teacher, He had just started teaching photography at his new location.

I think they all saw it as an undesirable job...lets give it to the new guy sort of thing. But my Dad was from the old WWII style B&W finally had a darkroom and a budget and me.. with 22 just getting into it. He picked one Argus 75 up for 5$ at a yard sale and said he"d have it on hand for students who

didn't have a "proper" camera for his course.. he soon just gave it to me and I did learn a lot. I've shot at least ten rolls through it

respooling 120 to the 620 spools until I couldn't get any more 620 spools. BAck in the early 80s you could still buy 620 Verchrome Pan in some places... and I was doing my own B&W. I shot some Ektachrome

on this ..one Fall scene with a bridge, sunlight and water.. still a personal favorite ... like the camera ..from my Dad!!

I really need to be able to scan 120/620 slides somehow!!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have the 75, but I do have an Argus 40 that I use once in a while.

I trim down the plastic feed roll with my pocket knife and use a 620 take-up spool.I put plastic drinking straws into the end of the feed roll to keep it centered.

It is a great ice breaker at family functions, people don't think that I am actually taking thier picture with this ancient thig, besides you can't buy film for those old thing anyway. I get some pretty good candid shots .

BTW- I wish that my Rolleiflexes had as bright of a veiwfinder as this one. The last time that I used it this young guy asked me if I had it converted it to Digital.

I have a series V kodak filter adapter so I can even play like the big boys now.<div>00LgKs-37197484.jpg.66fb82a8bf2534eebe497a1cfefe02d5.jpg</div>