Are you ready for the disposable camera challenge?

<p>Some people have asked about various exceptions and specifics about restrictions. Keep in mind the picture post will include a brief statement on how you made the picture. We can't anticipate every possible variation of a situation that may arise. So, look at the guidelines, <strong>have fun</strong>, make the best picture you can.</p>

<p>Leading rules for the challenge:</p>

<ul>

<li>C-41 process film</li>

<li>Spring shutter</li>

<li>Unadjustable lens</li>

<li>Basic film advance</li>

<li>No accessories</li>

<li>Available light</li>

<li>Post includes a statement about how the photo was made. </li>

</ul>

<p>The challenge is for disposable cameras, but if you can meet the equipment requirements with a reload-able camera you have on hand: that's good, too. Main idea is to see the best composition you can make with limited tools. What can you do with your choices when the tools and the processing are all plain and the same?</p>

<p>Thread goes up on the first of May.</p>

When I took my Kodak HD single use camera to the lab, the person just stuck a tool on the side to open a door and pop out the film. I suppose they send the box to Kodak for re-use.

This camera had a flash on it that I just couldn't shut off no matter how I pressed the button on the front. Since most of my shots were scenics that the flash couldn't reach, there was no harm. Back in the hayday of film, if I saw people using disposable (now singe use) cameras taking photos of people outdoors in the sun, I would tell them to turn on the flash. That would get nice fill flash in the bright sunlight. Perhaps Kodak now keeps the flash on all the time for the fill flash effect in bright sun, better exposure on cloudy days and indoors under low light..

James G. Dainis

<p>Why only C41?<br>

I have a 60 or so year old box camera that can do the everything else.</p>

<ul>

<li>Spring shutter</li>

<li>Unadjustable lens</li>

<li>Basic film advance</li>

<li>No accessories</li>

<li>Available light</li>

<li>Post includes a statement about how the photo was made. </li>

</ul>

<p>The thing is I have some Plus-X 120 that I would like to develop and print at home. Any throw away that you drop at the store will yeild a Hybrid shot as all of these have their negatives scanned and auto enhanced before prints are made.</p>