Are the published photos are copyrighted?

Hi,

I want to use somw of the photos in your site in other forum as a signature and

general design. Are the photos licsenced of free to use once they are publsihed?

BTW im a photographer too :) my old and beloved camera is pentax and i have a

new one which is nikon coolpix 4300 (which i care less...!).

Lately, i kind of neglected all the photography because I study and i have no

time :(. I'm intrested mainly in portraits.<div>00JrT0-34863484.jpg.0ad7087ce794943d4a7ceffb399a6312.jpg</div>

<i>Are the photos licensed of free to use once they are published?</i> <P><b>NO!</b> Of course not. All content published here is COPYRIGHTED and all rights remain the property of the owner of the image(s). <P>Click on the "DETAILS" tab under any photo and you will see either a specific copyright statement from the photographer, or a general statement which reads:<br><i><b>"Unless otherwise indicated, all photographs on photo.net are copyrighted by the photographers, whose permission is required for any usage."</b></i>.

It's possible that if you look at the details of an image that you particularly like, and contact the photographer that produced it, that he or she will gladly allow you to use it under certain conditions (such as giving credit on the photo, or linking to the photographer's web site, etc). But unless you contact the photographer and receive permission, it's safe to assume that you should not make use of the image. Let me also say, on behalf of many people here, I hope, "thank you." Thank you for asking, since many people do not.

A photograph made in USA jurisdiction is copyrighted the moment it is created - and all rights belong to the person who made it, unless they have made other arrangements to assign their rights to another.

A photograph does not have to be marked with a 'copyright' symbol to be copyrighted, however, many choose to do so.

A photograph does not have to be registered with the US Copyright Office, but doing so may give additional rights to the copyright owner which they otherwise would not enjoy.

A person may not take an image without the permission of the owner.

I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice.

I hope that this response is politically suitable and allowed to remain.