Are the 250 exposure film magazines compatible?

rafal_m

The 250 frame backs are no more interchangable than the backs of the cameras themselves are interchangable between each other; camera backs even within the same brand are often incompatible with each other.<p>Have you <a href="http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/~rwesson/esif/om-sif/motordrivegroup/250_film_back.htm">seen them?</a> They're huge. It's like mounting 2 soup cans to the sides of your camera.

Rafal,

Although obviously the backs are different, most of the cartridges that go inside them are the same. Certainly, the ones used in the Pentax MX and LX 250 shot backs are identical to the Nikon MZ-1 cartridge and also I think the Olympus OM and more obscure stuff like Topcon. Given the similarities I strongly suspect that most of these were supplied by one third party company in Japan. The film loaders are also the same.

The exceptions MAY be Canon, and also the earlier Nikon F and Pentax Spotmatic versions which appear to be slightly different.

KEH currently has s/h cartridges for Canon, Pentax and Nikon but unfortunately only has pictures for the Pentax versions.

regards,

Paul

The last time I checked, no they are not interchangeable between brands. While watching "Close Encounters' the other night I noticed they had a couple of F2's and motor drives set up as remotely operated cameras and one of them had the 250 exposure set up on it. Goodgodamighty that was one giant heavy rig. I used to operate them occasionally at some SEC football games back when. They were big, heavy and beautifully built. You should see the size of the film reel and developing tanks.

Rick H.