ARAX Shift Adapter for P-SIX Lenses On 35mm Cameras.

peterfauland

Dear all,

On the www.araxfoto.com website I found a "Shift Adapter For Use P-SIX Lenses On

35mm Cameras". I have a few P-six mount lenses for my ARAX medium format camera.

It would be for sure nice to be able to use the tilt-shift lens e.g. on my EOS

5D. Did anybody ever try this adapter ?

Would be nice to get some feedback before buying .....

THANKS

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

<big>The 80mm</big> was the first one I tested. For <i>real</i> panoramic landscapes one would use something more "wide angle" of course. To explain a bit more in detail: I am doing some photo documentation of a technical setup at a reseach facility. The "80mm using three of them" pano gives me a high resolution file long side around 7000 px which is good for later on cropping on all the little details (sub-mm structures come out very clear.

<p>

During tests with stitching "normal" 35 mm EF-lens pictures together I had always problems with lens distortions in the end.

<p>

Now even PS itself manages to put the pieces together. As only the center part of the lens is used anyway I did not expect differently.

<p>

I will post something "interesting for the public" soon.

<p>

<i>Peter</i>

Dear Sheldon,

I agree with you. For real _landscape_panoramic images a wider angle lens is what I will use. Here it was first tests. In addition I should add, I was documenting a technical setup at a research facility and in the end the overall resolution of 7000 px (longside) allowed to see the sub-mm structures in the 100% crop. As only the inner part of the lens is used there are no problems with distortions etc. whatsoever, and compared to my tries stitching the pics taken with the 35mm lenses here even PS itself manages right away to put them nicely together.

I will post some "nice for the public" images a bit later ...

Peter