App for iPhone to trigger shutter on Nikon D750

sue_block1

<p>I have 2 questions <br>

I am interested in using an app for my iPhone that will remotely trigger the shutter on the Nikon D750<br>

1. Does the photo taken download to the iPhone? I am not interested in this only to take a shot to take a photo to my SD memory card on the camera?<br>

2. If the Photo taken remains on the camera what App would you suggest that is good?<br>

I do not want the Nikon App for the iPhone as it has very poor reviews.</p>

<p>thank you</p>

<p>Sue</p>

<p>Sue, if all you want to do is fire the camera, then the Nikon app is as good as any. IME it works and it's free. Critics of Nikon's WMU app seem to lose sight of the fact that it cost them nothing. What do they expect it to do that it doesn't? It's not Camera Control Pro by any means, but then CCP doesn't run on a smartphone and has an RRP of $180.</p>

<p>I tried another free smartphone app called "DSLR dashboard" and I couldn't even get it to connect to the camera via WiFi, not without first using Nikon's app to make the connection. Most other 3rd party apps aren't free.<br /> Another option would be to just use an ML-L3 Infrared remote, or if you need more range, one of the many cheap radio remote kits that are available off the internet. You can also buy "universal" camera IR remotes for under $5 that'll fire Canon, Nikon or Sony DSLRs.</p>

<p>PS. The Nikon app automatically transfers a copy of the picture to your phone, but also stores it on the camera's memory card.</p>

<p>I use the Nikon apps on the Iphone 4s and it works very well. I had some problem using it on the Nexsus 7 though. I wonder if somehow we can make it not transfer the picture over to the Iphone because doing so it takes time and I rather want to see the live view image and take another pic right away.</p>