Aperture/iPhoto conflict

<p>Today I downloaded Aperture 3.4.3 from the Apple App Store. Now when I attempt to open my iPhoto 9.3, I receive this error message: "To open your library with this version of iPhoto it first needs to be prepared." Then there's a second paragraph: "You have opened this photo library with a newer version of iPhoto. Please quit and use the latest version of iPhoto." I've tried to find an update for the iPhoto application but the update search responds that all of my software is up to date. I'm at a deadened. Can anyone suggest another remedy? Thanks.</p>

<p>I don't use iPhoto, but just launched it, and I got that message. I didn't upgrade the library.<br>

However, I see that my version of iPhoto is 9.4.1. Are you running OS X 10.8.2 (latest Mountain Lion)?<br>

If you can't get 9.4.1, maybe it's only for Mountain Lion. Perhaps Apple has provided an Aperture/iPhoto combination for your OS that's is incompatible.<br>

All of the above are just guesses, except for the part about my version numbers. I'm sure of those.</p>