ANYONE'S EPSON PERFECTION 4490 STOPPED WORKING?

Hi,

my EPSON PERFECTION 4490 photo scanner stopped working. The scanner has energy when plugged (as green power light is on), but nothing else happens - no noise, no button press responde, no nothing...).

Has anyone had this problem? If so, what should be causing this? (If not too hard, i might give it a try myself, but need some lights)

Thank's in advance,

Rui

Does the computer respond when the USB lead is plugged and unplugged?

If not, then it could simply be an internal break in the power. Often the indicator LED is coupled directly to the input socket, and there are internal fuses or connectors downline of it.

Fuses these days take the form of tiny surface mount blocks. So finding a power break might not be easy. Once found though, the little ****er can be bridged with fine wire and a soldering iron.

Does the computer respond when the USB lead is plugged and unplugged?

If not, then it could simply be an internal break in the power. Often the indicator LED is coupled directly to the input socket, and there are internal fuses or connectors downline of it.

Fuses these days take the form of tiny surface mount blocks. So finding a power break might not be easy. Once found though, the little ****er can be bridged with fine wire and a soldering iron.

Rodeo_Joe |1,

my computer doesn't respond at all. When i try to start scanning software i get a warning message to connect the scanner to the computer (although it already is). The problem you point is worth investigating.

Thank's,

Rui

Edited by rui_marques

When you press the power button, do you hear any whirring of the motor as the carriage moves during the startup calibration phase?

Doug

Hi Doug,

no, nothing happens escept for the power light actually lighting up. No noise at all... Nor any other signs of life.

Thank's,

Rui

• 3 years later...
Hi,

my EPSON PERFECTION 4490 photo scanner stopped working. The scanner has energy when plugged (as green power light is on), but nothing else happens - no noise, no button press responde, no nothing...).

Has anyone had this problem? If so, what should be causing this? (If not too hard, i might give it a try myself, but need some lights)

Thank's in advance,

Rui

Rui,

I'm having the same problem right now. Can you please tell me if you have it solved back then? I'm stessed about it, as you can imagine...

Obrigada, ficarei muito contente se leres a mensagem e responderes :)

Rita

If I can not get the scaner fix, would anyone recommend EPSON V800 or V850?

I usually shoot MF film and want to print sizes around 80X80 cm to 100-100 cm.

I'm also considering starting to shoot LF (4X5").

Thank's again,

Rui

I moved up from a V600 to V850 when I started with 4x5. I don't use Silverfast but rather the Epsonscan that it comes with so maybe the V800 is good enough. The 850 I believe also comes with two holders for each format if that helps you any as the V800 comes with one only. You can check my Flickr page to see samples of 4x5 scans with it.