anyone try a Nikon SB-26/28 flash on a K10D?

ken_yee

I use a Nikon flash since two years on my *IST-DS. It's a SB 25 but I think that other flashes can work on Pentax camera like K10.

You need to use it not in TTL mode but in automatic mode (A) with the sensor of the flash like yesterday when TTL was unknowned. SB 26/28 work in A mode and so you can use on your K10D. You set your K10D in manual mode.I wrote a page about that in french at:

http://m.lemandat.free.fr

There is no chance Nikon TTL flashes will harm Pentax bodies because those extra data pins are located slightly different if you compared them carefully. That means they will never come in contact with each other. However, Nikon shoe is thicker and will be a tight fit on Pentax bodies. Works great in A/M flash modes.

Merci, Michel and thanks, Alan.

I was planning in using the flash only in manual or Auto-thyristor mode. I just wanted to know if I had to tape up the TTL contacts so I don't fry the Pentax TTL system in my K10D first ;-)

The foot is indeed a bit snug, but that'll help keep it from falling off. Thanks for mentioning adjusting the range for the 1.5x crop, Michel...I didn't think of that. It seems to slightly underexpose, but a quick bump of the F stop you tell the flash you're using and it works fine and it looks a lot better than the built-in flash :-)