Anyone tried "CleanSkies" brush to clean Sensor ?

simanta

I have ordered the Eclipse, Swabs and Pecpads (for lens) from FARGO

Enterprise to clean my EOS 20D sensor, but could not order the

visible dust brush as $80 is little too expensive..Bought a walmart

brush (Bob Atkins' post).. not used yet. In the mean time, I looked

in eBay and found this "CleanSkies" brush.. which seems a compromise

between Walmart and Visible dust..but I have no idea how authentic it

is. Google/PN search doesn't give much..

<P>

<a target=_top href=

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7572575291

>eBay CleanSkies</a>

<P>

Anyone used these brushes or know anything about ?

<p>

Thanks,

Simanta

Simanta

I recently read a post on another forum written by a very long time pro photographer. His Post concerned sensor cleaning and his information had come from a canon rep. Dont use any brush or cloth on the sensor in fact dont touch it. Use a blower only.

I have a 10D that is maybe 2 years old, not once has the sensor been cleaned. I have looked closely at it a couple of times and done test shots looking for dust spots and have not had any problems with it yet. I think that maybe the sensor cleaning need is overrated.

I have to clean mine all the time at least three times a week. I am a photographer for a daily newspaper and zoom lens suck and blow as they are zoomed. Stuff gets in there even if I'm very carefull. One dust spec can be noticeable in the right location and it will be on every frame. So I know the cleaning thing is not overrated. I use a Rocket Blower (I Think a Gioto). Merry Christmas

I purchased a very soft artists 14mm synthetic brush, some distilled water for cleaning brush and a air can blower. Having blown the dry brush for about 45 seconds to introduce weak electrostic charge then I have passed it over the sensor a couple times. Not touching the sensor at all and it has worked perfectly. Having had the canon 1DS mark II for month or so the sensor was getting dusty with the frequent changing of lenses. Now it is cleaned 'spotlessly'

I am most pleased with the outcome.

Georgina