Anyone out shooting today?

reallife

<p>Most of my photography is indoors. Still, if I see something interesting outside, I'll take a photo. I used to post at least one Vine every day on average, so I shot a lot more Vines than photos! I might have to go to the supermarket tomorrow to get a few props. Not the most exciting thing in the world, I admit. :-)</p>

<p>There is a lot of sun but also cold today (- 12 C, or about 12 F?) in eastern Canada for casual-objective photography (that is, wandering around in search of interesting images) so I tend to photograph inside and go out in winter to simply enjoy sports or hikes or conduct my part time business.</p>

<p>I also like to photograph more intentionally with a particular theme or objective in mind (including creating a part of the environment or scene), which is independent of season, but that imagination doesn't occur every day. For the moment, deep in winter, inside activities are prominent.</p>

<p>I like your approach of just wandering around and observing, although I am not only a street shooter and prefer not to interfere too much with the busy (and likely more important) activities of my fellow citizens. While away in a car on business today I will certainly have my camera at hand in case I see something that is too good to ignore.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>It's a half-hour before sunrise, and it looks like another windy, rainy day. I'll head to the beach (safer than the forest in gale-force winds) with a 10-18 mm lens on the camera. I'll use that lens for three reasons: it's physically short enough that I can protect it easily under a raincoat; storms tend to beg for expansive views; and it's a new lens so I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it--I've shot exclusively with it for the past 3 days. So I'm not off in search of anything in particular, but I'll head out into the weather with the intention of seeing what things look like through a wide-angle lens.</p>

<p>Dark dreary winter in the country, not much inspiration. I always have a camera when I go anywhere, jokingly "in case the space aliens land" but no purpose most of the time. Every once in a while I put a big lens on (a bird buster, otter spotter, etc.) and go out and savor the silence. I think the long lens sends out an invisible radar signal that makes everything living fly, run, creep and burrow out of sight. Put the 200-500 on, and it's like a set from <em>The Road</em>!</p>