Anyone know about Aragon lens

<p>All I could find from the Archived "third party lens" source is that Aragon seems to have been the house brand of a business called "Photo Clearing Inc." which I suspect would have been a store in New York. They seem to have sold a small number of prime lenses, a 28, 35, 135 and 200 in 1969 and a 100 in 1977, though I wonder if that last is an error. All but the 200/3.5 were F 2.8, and all under a hundred dollars at the time. </p>

<p>At about the same time I bought a "Cavalier" brand 200/3.5 from Willoughby's in New York, for about the same price. That was their house brand, and I would not be surprised to find it's the same lens. I've never known who made it, but suspect there was some manufacturer or distributor putting out a line of generic lenses under various brands for such stores. The Cavalier is not great, but pretty decent for the price. </p>

<p>Other than that little bit, I've found nothing either. Perhaps someone here with old photo magazines can look for "Photo Clearing" in the ad pages for that period. </p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>I know this name too. And I found the same material listed from the others. A generic name for a NY> clearing house if you wexcuse the pun. My lens is .. well it's buried at the moment but it was for MF and was in a Graflex mount. IT was circa 100or 101mm and was probably 3,5 ...I don't remember. It was in a Japanese Seikosha shtterso I assumed the glass was also Japanese. The mount had a light leak with this shutter. I believe I mounted a standard Graflex lens/shutter that blocked the screw hole where the light leak was. </p>