anyone in madison wi?

<p>planning a short trip and need to make some arrangements<br />looking for someone in madison to play host for the weekend of july 4 --- am taking the amtrak from memphis to chicago, and the bus route the rest of the way -- just need a floor to crash on and someone to drive me around and show me the cool stuff for a wisconsin themed magazine --</p>

<p>are there any fireworks displays planned for the 4th? any places i should go? need 411 on madison<br>

<br>

if i can't find someone to crash with, i'll stay at the hostel, but need someone to drive me around...<br>

am toting my leicas and nikons for this<br>

<br>

i get there the am of the 4th and leave sat 2:30</p>

<blockquote>

<p>but need someone to drive me around...</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Madison is not so bad as Los Angeles, but it is one of those places where an auto is more than helpful. <br>

Try renting a budget car for at least one of your days. Use the internet to plan an efficient schedule.</p>

I would like to see regulars post requests like this more often. Mind you, I wouldn't put up just anyone but there a lot of

folks here that- family/schedule permitting- I would. What's more, I could divert them from the typical photo-op spots

that fill every cover story on Austin. I know people would do the same for me.

<p>still making everything happen --- i spent 2 hours obsessing over what bag and gear to carry --- got some of my bag essentials packed- this may be a story in and of itself-- the trip is on --- i have my amtrak ticket --- it's my first big magazine assignment and i'm 42 --- am hoping to make this a unique experience... maybe an hour or two of urban ex, all the places that the locals know, but the casual tourist might not find easily</p>

<p>keep me posted if you can help ---- </p>

<p>y'all are pretty dang awesome...</p>