anyone having issues with DPP4 and MacOS 10.50 catilina

john_sink

is this the 32 vs 64 bit problem??

This version opens with Catalina BUT the 'convert (to JPG) and save function' does not work. I have reinstalled DPP4-40 and that is the same. I have tried all my devices and that function fails to work on them all. Downloading DPP4-50 from the Canon website and trying to re-install all over again does not work - my Mac refuses to install and and refers me to the (Canon) developer.

I suspect that I'll have to wait until Canon wakes up and develops a Catalina friendly version. I expect it to be a long hibernation. Oh hum.

I may consider going back to Moave on my MacBook until then.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still back with lots of older software, so I'm thinking that I will stick with High Sierra until the time comes to update the computers, themselves. I can live with it better than spending a fortune on new software and lots of time learning how it works

It took me a while to break with MacOS 9 as well.

This is exactly the problem I’ve just had! Not only did DPP4 not work properly, several other programs didn’t either - including the latest HP software I use for my (non photo) printing and scanning. I had to get Apple to reinstall the previous OS. I guess we’ll all have to wait till everyone, including Canon, updates their software.

In Catalina if you go to "systems report" in "about this mac " then to "legacy" it will show the 32 bit programs that will not work. I have Epson scanner with all 32 bit programs.

You can also do this in Mojave so you don't have to wait until the apps won't run. :).

If you go to the system report and click on "Applications" it will list all the apps. There will be a column for whether they're 64 bit or not, - which you can sort by.

I'm holding out for now because I don't want to upgrade MS Office.