Anyone have a Zeikos grip/pack for their D700?

crowdspotting

<p>Hello,<br>

I am still struggling with a frustrating issue with my Zeikos NBG300N battery pack. I am looking for someone who has a D700 and this pack, who can answer the following question:<br>

<strong><em>When using AA batteries with the Zeikos pack, and they become weak, does your D700 switch over to the internal battery automatically?</em> </strong><br>

Mine does not. When the AA batts become exhausted, the camera simply fails to fire. and I get an "Err" in the LCD. If I pull out the battery tray of the grip, everything works fine again.<br>

<br /> Zeikos told me to return the grip to them for replacement, which I did, but the new unit that they sent to me has the exact same problem. I am beginning to suspect that the grip simply can't do the job. My D700 is new, but since I don't have another D700 to try this on, I can't be 100% sure that it's the grip. In theory the problem could be my D700.<br>

I found a couple of reviews online stating that people have had this problem with their D300 cameras, but I've yet to find someone with a D700 who can confirm this issue.<br>

Anyone had symptoms similar to mine?<br>

Thank you for your help,<br>

<br /> Jeff</p>

<p>Jeff, there has been a fair amount of discussion that the off-brand grips are not fully compatible, and across several other bodies, such as knock-off grips for the D80/D90.<br>

With that said, it's easy enough to take a drained grip into a camera shop and try it on another D700. My gut tells me it's your grip.</p>

<p>I have had mine for a week or two and experience the same thing. The batteries get week after 400 shots or so and you get Err on the LCD. I just trade the tray for the other one and things are good to go. I can live with it for 8 frames per second at 1/3 of the Nikon grip cost.</p>