Anyone hack/adapt lenses onto your Bronica ETR?

tom_cheshire

<p>I have a Bronica ETRS and have wanted to adapt other lenses but, as you know, it is difficult because of how the system works. I was considering using a 75mm lens with the glass removed and the alternate lens adapted by use of a filter ring or lens cap onto the front of the 75mm lens. In the case of shuttered alternate lenses I considered setting the 75mm on T and then using the shutter on the alternate lens.</p>

<p>If anyone has any experience doing things like this I'd like to hear how good it worked, etc.</p>

<p>I know, it is easier to use a camera with a focal plane shutter.</p>

<p>I have done the opposite of what you want, i.e. take elements out of a Bronica (this case a SQ) and put them in a 0 size shutter. I suppose you could take the elements out and replace them with a LF of MF lens elements such as an Angulon etc. that fit a size 0 shutter. What is the advantage of this other than it may be fun to experiment.</p>

<p>Years ago when the Mamiya M645 came out there were all kinds of lenses adapted to it. Some were lenses made for 35mm cameras but which had a large enough image circle to accomodate the 6X4.5 image area. The M645 had a focal plane shutter so lenses adapted to it do not need a shutter of their own. Mamiya did make at least one leaf-shutter lens so if flash synch is an issue that takes care of it. I have ETR, SQ abd GS series cameras and lenses. Most of the lenses made for the ETR series cameras are now reasonable in price. This may be the least tinker-friendly medium format SLR made. You would need a very important reason for trying to adapt other lenses to this camera to make it worthwhile. </p>