Anyone Going to Purchase the New Pentax K3iii?

g_richards

Just wondering if anyone is planning to purchase the new Pentax K3iii camera?

Myself, it is going to be a wait and see depending on cost and reviews.

Nice to see Pentax coming out with a new APSC body but my understanding it might competing in price with FF bodies.

Time will tell

GQR

• Like 1

I want one, but not sure I can justify one. I have a K-1 and k-5IIs that provide mostly everything I need. I mostly shoot for fun and occasionally product photography for pay these days. So not sure I need (actually, I don't need) the K-3III. That said, I would love it. I do actually find the K-5IIs is the perfect size, and I kind of don't really need the K-1. At the same time I do enjoy having the K-1, but I probably wouldn't have bought it again. I don't plan to upgrade a full frame camera. I would upgrade a APS-C in the future if one suited my needs.
  • Like 1

I guess to summarize. My inquisitiveness for full frame that I just had to have and the associated lenses ate any budget for a flagship APS-c. In hindsight, I wish Pentax had not produced the K-1, had doubled down on the 645 and the APS-C lines and let me continue to build my APS-C lineup. It worked well for my needs. And still does. I find I still grab the k-5IIs and lenses, more than the k-1. The IQ of the K-1 is substantially better but the K-5 and lenses are more mobile and my style of photography involves humping my gear miles from the car. I think Pentax/Ricoh felt compelled to make the K-1 when the K-3 was more than good enough, especially with the 645 already developed.
  • Like 2