Anyone done a single frame super8 -> 35mm blowup?

<p>If so, any service providers that they can recommend? Yes, I'm aware that the grain will be increased in size... that's what I'm looking for :)<br>

Is there a way I can do this myself while keeping the film flat? I know there are "slide copy" attachments out there, and I guess I could modify one to handle super8, but I don't know if my macro lens could blowup the super8 frame enough to fill the 35mm frame.</p>

<p>Canon made two such devices. They work with the 20mm and 35mm micro lenses. I will eventually want to add these to my macro collection. If I had to enlarge from such a small frame I would set up the frame between glass or between the glass of a slide copier. I might also make a mask out of black construction paper and shoot the frame with glass son top and a light box below. For a lens I would use my 12.5mm f/2 Minolta Bellows Rokkor-X lens on an Auto Bellows III attached to a Minota X-700 with a grid or plain matte focusing screen. Alternatively I might adapt the same lens to fit a Canon Bellows FL and then use a Canon F-1 with an L D screen. You could scan the frame but you would need a very high resolution scanner to get anything useful.</p>

<p>Right, scanning isn't really an option here, even if I used my Coolscan V with the frame sandwiched between glass. I'm looking to benefit from the increased grain when blowing up to 35mm, but I'm not sure if I can do it myself. I'll see if there's a slide copier out there that will fit one of my Nikkors (I have a 35-135mm macro).<br>

Anyone used a provider of this kind of service?</p>

<p>Fujiflim made a quality device call "Macrocinecopy". It copy both 16mm and Super 8 film to 35mm format. It has a M42 mount, If you use a slide copying device, you will need to make a sub-tray with-in the slide tray to keep the film flat. You also need to find a suitable macro lens optimized for 6.2:1 with flat field, something like an Olympus 38/2, Minolta 25/2.5 or other. An cheaper alternative are reversed sub-mini enlarging and normal cine lens.</p><div>00VFNz-200435584.jpg.434e5b38264738588182ecaa8d13f137.jpg</div>

<p>Yes you can use a lens-less M42 to F-mount adapter, if you could find one. They are a tad rare but do pop up in ebay once in a while. There is a focus ring up front. Plus the bottom part is just a remove-able M42 extension ring. There is room to make flange to film adjustement.</p>

<p>Thanks for the info.... I found one that didn't sell last week on feeBay and may give it a shot. I'm planning on using my Beaulieu 4008 with the 6-66mm Schneider (or with a c-mount to Nikon adaptor so I can use my Nikon lenses such as the 85mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, or 24mm f2.8). Still in the planning stages... I need to fine-tune the project I want to use this for :)</p>

<p>Of the lenses you have listed the only one which would be suitable would be the 24/2.8 and you would need to reverse it. Neither a fast lens nor a zoom would really work well at that magnification. If you have some time, go online and order a used copy of The Manual Of Close-Up Photography by Lester Lefkowitz. The book is now 30 years old but is still the best book I have seen when it comes to explaining the concepts of close-up and macro photography. </p>