anybody want a bottle of DDX?

Isn't that a little fast to decide it's no good? Can't have developed more than a couple rolls each of a couple emulsions with that amount of concentrate...

And for that matter, where are you shipping from? It's probably not economical to ship a single, opened bottle of developer (if in fact it's legal to ship an opened bottle by common carrier at all); internationally, it'd be cheaper to simply buy a bottle locally unless you're paying to get rid of the stuff.

And no, I'm not interested even if you're local to me -- I use HC-110 and I'm not interested in baiting the "new developers, new films" disease.

In my opinion Mike didn't primarily start this thread to dispose of a single bottle of developer. It appears he wants to denigrate DD-X in general.

My experience is that, while grainier than some other combinations, HP5 Plus in DD-X, developed to a contrast index of 0.56 ('N'), comes in at exposure index 640 and provides good sharpness. This is extremely valuable for large sheet film work, and has become my standard in 8x10. As a side benefit, the DD-X concentrate has a very long useful life. Don't sell this developer short.

The point is that this developer is supposed to be the best for Delta 3200, but it seems to be no better than FX-39. It is therefore redundant as far as I am concerned, as I have lots of FX-39. I was hoping for more speed than FX-39, but not so.

Donald:

See the thread on Delta 3200 in DDX.

• 2 weeks later...

Phil Davis's 5 page review of DDX in D-Max newsletter october 99 cover the subject in depth for sheet film. He also did a review for

PHOTO techniques magazine jan-feb 2000 covering roll film. these reviews were in depth.

He found the developer to vigorous, and used 1+6 dilution. this also limited B+F build up. He maintained 1+4 dilution for delta 3200.

the reviews are worth the effort to find, and read.

Jonathan