Anybody use Pictage?

Does anybody use pictage for their business and if so what do you think. I am

considering using this format for clients to view and order pics.

If I do use this do you recommend cropping and altering pics before you upload

to Pictage?

Thanks for any comments.

I am looking into starting a small photography business and I recently went to

a photographer who used this and thought as I client it worked fairly well!

Jennifer

Hi, I think you haven't heard back yet because there are a bunch of threads on this topic already - if you use the search tool for "pictage" here on photo.net you'll find a lot of info.

FYI - I was going to use them, but after doing a lot of research here, decided to go with Collages or Simple Photo (using both right now and trying to decide which I like better)! I didn't like how PIctage BOMBARDED my inbox, and from what I hear, they do that to your clients, too. Too bad, as they have excellent products.

Hope this helps.

Katie

I joined the service years ago (close to when it first launched) and my experience with them has been disappointing. They were great with the initial membership sale to me, but the follow up, including service to me, my clients, as well as the product itself, just haven't lived up to the hype. Clients have complained to me multiple times regarding poor print quality and slow delivery. As of right now I still can't sign in to edit my profile - and all my emails to customer service dating from May 2007 have gone unanswered, and calls have been routed to voice mails and never returned.

<p>One of the things you have to be careful of is Pictage's misleading advertising. Their so-called "clients" listed on the <a href="http://newaccounts.pictage.com/application7.html" target="_blank">photographer sign-up</a> page - including the big names Denis Reggie, David Jay, Mike Colon, Michele Celentano and Kathleen Clark - either have a financial stake in the company, and/or are paid to promote it through Pictage-sponsored "workshops." I would take their so-called "testimonials" with a pretty big chunk of salt.</p>

BTW I would also add <a href="http://www.smugmug.com/" target="_blank">SmugMug</a> to your list - I've been trying them out in lieu of Pictage and so far it looks very promising - prints are much better quality, delivery is much faster, and customer service makes you feel like you're actually worth something. My clients also seem to prefer the SmugMug interface - I'm getting a lot more orders with far fewer "How do I do this?" questions.