Anybody have system issues with Spyder 2

<p>Has anyone had Spyder 2 give you system issues. By that I mean slow down or freeze up your PC. I just built a new PC which I had done once before, and everything was going good for a few weeks then all of a sudden it took forever to boot. I thought maybe it was something I did building it. I am comfortable enough putting one together but troubleshooting I don't have enough experience.</p>

<p>So the problem persisted so I did a fresh re-install of XP with all updates slipstreamed on a bootable disc. Again everything was great for about 3 or 4 weeks, then it started again. So I took it to a local shop and just got the call everything is OK with it and they couldn't replicate the problem. Stressed tested it for 5 hours and everything was good.</p>

<p>They said it could be a periphial I have hooked up to it at home. Liek a keyboard or mouse. Then I realized the Spyder gives the reminder for every 30 days and it got me to wondering if anyone else has had any problems similar. Now I would think since it installed on the PC and when the shop booted it would be ther. But I figure I need to start somewhere.</p>

<p>Not much help but I just used Spyder 2 ten minutes ago to calibrate the monitor It worked fine. I have a quad processor with 3MB RAM. Try taking the reminder off your start menu. Not much else I can think of except to remove and re-install the software.</p>

<p>I set the reminder on mine (Spyder 2.0 Express) for once a month. Works fine. Computer slows down when cookies and malware start stacking up and it's time for it's cleaning (about every 2 weeks). But nothing associated with Spyder.</p>

<p>Haven't had the slowdown problem, but as Patrick once noted, it is near the worst product on the market. I didn't believe him until I bought an i1Dispaly2. With Spyder I had constant connection problems (PC didn't recognize device), and calibration never seemed quite right. i1 has been flawless so far, at least for its price range.</p>

<p>If it was a device attached to your computer, the symptom would return as soon as you plug it in. Since it took weeks to show up, each time you rebuild your computer, I would say it is a software issue, and quite possibly malware of some sort... However, the shopt you took it to said nothing was wrong. That's odd. But, not all shops are good at what they do.<br>

Here are some things you can do that cost nothing.</p>

<p>1) Download a free maleware remover called "Malwarebytes Anti Malware". The free version works just fine. I use it a lot at the school district were I work.</p>

<p>2) Check your startup processes, with the msconfig utility. ( You have to go to the Start button -> Run and then type msconfig. ) Do you know what they all do ? Most will have a path that has the company name, like HP or Symantec or something. You can turn these off, one at a time and see if things improve.</p>

<p>3) Is you computer getting enough air flow ? I have seen computers in desks with a closed up space for the computer and people who pile things on the sides and block the fan.</p>

<p> </p>