Any way to print metadata from photos?

jheimsch

My wife and I recently had our first child. This has given me

plenty of opportunity to put my D70 through its paces. Now that I

have several hundred pictures, my wife wants to know the dates all

the photos were taken. Is there a quick and easy way to get that to

print out? How about the metadata stored with the photos (apeture,

shutter speed, etc)? I am currently using Nikon Capture and P.S. 6.

Thanks,

Justin

HA! Easy!

If you want something that's a bit more easy than writing Unix shell scripts, use Nikon View and select the images you want to print; choose File->Print; click "Meta Data" and check off the data that you want to print. then click OK and choose how many per page and whatnot. click Print and you're off.

<p>I like <a href="http://www.camerabits.com">Photo Mechanic</a> to review and

organize EXIF and IPTC metata. The software uses a powerful "variable" mechanism to

extract the metadata in different situations.

<p>For example, you can print contact sheets or proof that include any metadata you like

alongside the photo itself. You could also export the metadata to HTML, text or XML files.

<p>There's a trial version on the site and if you use Lexar media there was a coupon with

you card. I am not affiliated with them but I really like their software.

<p>--ben

It may be worth while looking at Imatch which is a database program. It allows you to organise photos based on EXIF data etc. More importantly you can classify with any description you want such as location, activity, subject and so on. My snapshot collection has around eight thousand images built up over the last few years, and I managed to extract ten specific photos within five minutes for my wife based upon such detailed criteria as 'A family walk in the forest' or 'our son climbing'. I could never have done this with out a decent database program.

You can look at http://www.photools.com for a trial copy.

<p>PhotoMechanic does and you have the option to print in the correct orientation for

more readable prints or to print all photos landscape or all portrait to maximize prints per

page.

<p>I suggest you download trial versions of the various software that were proposed and

see for yourself which one you like best.

<p>--ben