been thinking that I take my lenses in, which consist with the 55mm,

105mm and 180mm - all black lenses - in to get CLA. The 105 does not

click stop on the aperature marks, but the other two do. I would

like to just ask whether anybody knows of a reputable repair tech

that can do a good job on it. Also, if you think it is a worth it to

get done. I really don't know how much it costs to CLA these lenses,

but I do want to start using this camera more for black and white

prints. Thanks

I can't help you with dealers because I live in the UK but it is certainly worth getting these lenses serviced. It is still possible to get spares for black lenses. It's the silver ones that are proving nearly impossible to repair these days. I used a Mamiya C220 almost exclusively when I was a wedding photographer and found it easy to use and it gave excellent results. If I was starting out in MF I would certainly look at the C220/C330 and a selection of lenses.

Keith:

Are you sure its dust/dirt and not fungus? Here's a quick test to see if it is. Take the lenses out side on a bright sunny day (off the camera) and place them so that the sunlight shines through the lenses onto a clean surface so you can see the light passing through. Leave them in the sun for an hour or two and if it is fungus, the sunlight will "burn" it off. If after a couple of hours you still see the same "dust" inside your lenses, then it probably is dust or dirt. If not, you have just saved yourself a CLA charge and can start shooting!

-Victor

I am sure it is not fungus, but dust. It has been in there since I put the camera away and has not grown any. I have tried that trick in the sun with some old lf lenses and it does work. I really want the 55 and the 180 to be working great and want the speeds to be on. I really don't use the 105 much, so I was figuring on getting the camera and the two lenses checked out and the 180CLA'd for sure, possibly the light seals replaced and then shoot till my heart is content. Thanks for the recommendations all.