Any recent street image

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by Ian Copland, Sep 19, 2019.

1. My questions were the offering of an alternative viewpoint and the potential opening of a dialogue about your photo. One of the reasons I love sharing my photos is that I can be offered viewpoints I might not have considered or, even if I have, I appreciate hearing where other people land when they look at photos I present. Street photography can be very much real life, which your photo is. Real life comes with differing perspectives, and differing interpretations of a photo can offer an opportunity more than just an argument.

2. P1110658 1.jpg
    Henry Chavez - A Smile

3. I agree and am certainly willing to consider that I, too, am capable of projecting. I try to be at least that self aware. I get suspicious, though, of those who aren't willing to consider that possibility for themselves.
    I'm not going to be led around in my aesthetics or interpretative capabilities by google searches. I have better places to learn about visual archetypes. What may seem like an archetype to one might be a pathos-laden caricature to another ... and, to many, might be somewhere in between.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  4. Good grief.

Moving On likes this.
  5. Capn' Hook.jpg OK, here we go. I'm trying to get some practice in being un-noticed during candid street portraits, in anticipation of a "La Ruta Maya" overland trip to Guatemala during summer or fall,2020. My camera is a Nik D60 and I'm trying out the 18-200 lens. I know much better equipment is available, but I'll be limited to one body, one lens. The following images are from a "tianguis" (street marlet) in Port Isabel, Texas - November and December, 2019. View attachment 1321750 View attachment 1321751

6. I don't always photograph from a distance. I mix it up a bit. I enjoy approaching interesting looking people and engaging them. Nine times out of ten they let me photograph them and the results seem to always reflect our positive. albeit short, relationship. I like photographing from a distance when life is just happening and my being noticed would interfere. Once I am spotted the moment is gone.

mikemorrell likes this.
  7. Busker, Farmer's Market, Dallas
    [​IMG]

8. IMG_0028.jpeg

Bisbee Arizona

9. Gorgeous lighting, colors and 'atmosphere' in this photo @petera(downunder)! Congrats! The blurry person bottom-right is part of the scene so keeping him/her in the photo keeps it authentic. I just want to mention that - if you so chose - someone could IMHO probably 'Photoshop' the blurry person out. There's a reddit forum where people (including myself from time to time) do this kind stuff for free. If you're interested, PM me. But the photo is great as it is!

Mike

cameragary and ericphelps like this.
  10. Fuji X-E3 18mm/F

DSCF1996 1.jpg

11. Fuji X-E3 18mm/f

DSCF1860 1.jpg