Any good(or bad) photo equipment shops in Taipei Taiwan?

yorktowntaiwan

Gary,

There are quite a few camera stores on Po-Ai St, near Taipei main train station. I'm not sure about Pentax stuff though. I've used a store called Horng Chang Photo Supplies for buying Canon EOS lenses (they stock plenty of other makes as well) at 28 Po-Ai Rd. (02) 2331 3202. A guy called James speaks English, but I think there's 1 or 2 others who do as well, although it's been a few months since I was last in there as I live 3 hours south of Taipei.

Very close to there, maybe one or two doors along, there is a small door that leads upstairs to a small store - they had a lot of MF, Leicas and high end SLRs that were used. Again, I don't know if they had any Pentax, mainly because I wasn't looking for any. Sorry, but I don't have an address, ph or contact name for that store.

If you can't find what you need there, there's a good store in Taichung (2hrs south). I haven't got their business card handy, but I've bought an EOS body and a lens there, plus its the closest place to me that I can buy Velvia so I'm in there fairly regularly - they are quite good and the 2 girls there speak excellant English. If you need to go there, email me and I'll either give you directions or meet you one weekend and take you there.

Cheers,

Craig

• 2 weeks later...