Any experience with Tamron 24mm f/2.5 ?

ondrejp_spyderman

Sure I would buy the Zuiko if I could afford it any was available. But I live in Slovakia where these are extremely rare - I have only seen one in an internet second hand shop for about 250 US $. I don't have the option to buy from e-bay nor would I want to.

Recently I got an affordable offer on this Tamron for about 80 US $ so I'm looking forward to reading some opinions about the lens. Owners of the Tamron, please spend your time and let me know about your opinions or experience.

I have one of those. It's very sharp in the center at all apertures, but there is some softness in the corners that lasts until f/8. At that point pictures are sharp across the image. The colours are very clean with this lens. Distortion is low too. And the build quality is good. Overall, a decent lens. I just wish it was sharper in the corners at wider apertures.

The Tamron adaptall lenses were all very good. When new, they cost not much less than the manufacturer's own lenses. They underwent continual development and the formula and design of some were changed over the years. Their selling point was not that they were cheap but the mount could be interchanged.

Hi, dear friend.

I own a Tamron Adaptall-2 24 mm f/ 2,5 with adapter for Nikon AI, Pentax K, Canon FD and Contax/Yashica systems. The image quaity is good, in the average for the category. The optical design is son of the '60-'70 period, not modern too, but is useful. The Adaptall-2 system work very good for Pentax K and Yashica/Contax mount, give some problems on Canon FD and work very bad in Nikon AI mount.

I own, also, a very good and excellent Tamron SP 90 mm f/ 2,5 (first version). The image quality is excellent in all conditions of use and the Adaptall-2 system work very well in Nikon AI, Canon FD, Pentax K and Yashica/Contax mounts.

Ciao.

Vincenzo Maielli Bari Italy