any company still makes Rodinal in *liquid* form?

jati_lindsay

hello all. i recently bought from B&H some rodinal in powder form that you have

to mix yourself. i forget the company that makes it. im not sure where i went

wrong, but my film came out horribly. rodinal is my favorite developer, and i

really dont even want to mix my own again. is there any company that still makes

it in liquid form? or something similar? if so, please let me know what they

are. thanks.

Good news / Press release

Agfa Black & White photo chemicals distributed by Maco Photo Products a&o imaging solutions GmbH, and MACO PHOTO PRODUCTS have agreed to an close partnership, for the sales and distribution of the a&oʼs range of B&W photo chemicals with its high reputation, such as RODINAL, NEUTOL, AGEFIX or SISTAN, which is continue to be produced, using the original AGFA formulas. This co-operation started up in late December 2006, and will enable the international customer base to source the famous AGFA quality B&W chemicals, together with high quality B&W papers, and ROLLEI films, offered in the extensive MACO assortment, thus creating a new synergies effect for the market. a&o imaging solutions GmbH, is part of the a&o group, with approx. 4,500 employees in Europe, and produces original AGFA quality, colour and black & white photo chemicals, as well as,organic specialty products in the former AFGA PHOTO plant in Vaihingen/Enz, Germany. The company also offers full services for maintenance, repair, and spare parts, to users of photo minilabs. MACO PHOTO PRODUCTS is very successful specialized in the world-wide distribution of B&W products, since 35 years. In close collaboration with their suppliers, and local distribution partners, MACO offers an ideal combination of a wide portfolio of top-branded products, including a&o/AGFA black & white photochemicals, AGFA and ROLLEI photo papers, and AGFA APX or ROLLEI film materials Further information from: Maco Photo Products, Brookstieg 4,22145 Hamburg-Stapelfeld/Germany, phone 0049 40 / 23 70 08-88, fax 0049 40 / 23 70 08-488,

E-Mail: photo@mahn.net or under: www.mahn.net.

PRESS release Press contacts: MACO Photo Products Mr. Hartmuth Schröder phone: 0049 40 / 23 70 08 81

E-Mail: photo@mahn.net or a&o imaging solutions GmbH, Mr. Helge Scharunge, phone: 0049 21 31 / 52 36?174

E-Mail: helge.scharunge@ao-imaging.com

Hope to be informative about this new development.

Best regards,

Robert

http://www.FotohuisRoVo.nl

(Also on the 'Rodinal')

Yes, Rodinal 2003 (unopend) is working like new. Our aging test (half filled Rodinal 125ml bottle) is going to pass 4 years in a few months. Also from 2003 and testing on APX100(new)/Rollei Retro 100 film and a check with the TRD-Z densitometer from Heiland. Till now (3 1/2 years) no deviations and we are reproducing this test under the same circumstances every 1/2 year.

http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documentatie/Rodinal.pdf (Datasheet 1999, Agfa, old APX100/400 type film/old Delta 100/400 and no Acros 100)

Latest APX100/400 aka Rollei Retro 100/400 data sheet:

http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documentatie/Development_Rollei%20films.pdf

Best regards,

Robert

"speaking of rodinal, my sister has what appears to be an unopened bottle from her days in photography, back in fall 2003. if unopened, is it still good?"

I received a 12-year-old bottle of Rodinal a few years ago. It was 1/4 full and had been that way for most of those 12 years. It worked fine with no development adjustment necessary. The stuff is truly amazing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...