Any Cameras fit these

<p>My dad passed away awhile ago and I was going through some of his old Camera things,, (He had Allot of stuff)<br>

I'm not anything close to someone who knows what there doing with a camera, the last one I bought was a Sony Mavica CD300 and I've hated camera's ever since... what I really disliked about it was that "Everything" had to be Sony.. even the CD [[[yuck!]]].<br>

Needless to say I do need to get images from time to time for my business and our web sites so I've been looking at another purchase ,, so what I've found is a little overwhelming on selection,, so I thought I'd do a reverse engineer game and find a digital camera that will fit the lenses Dad had.<br>

His one camera is a Olympus OM-1 with a 50mm lens<br>

a Vivitar MC Tele Converter 2x-21<br>

a KIRON 28mm f/28<br>

a KIRON VMC UV-Haze 52mm 80-200<br>

a KIRON VMC UV-Haze 55mm 80-200 f/4<br>

Any help with what camera that these will interface with? or a Adapter that will work?</p>

<p>Olympus doesn't have a full frame or APS-C format digital slr. They have a range of mirrorless camera system bodies. <a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?atclk=Bodies%2fKits_Body+Only&ci=16158&N=4288586281+4291306223+4057922430">They're "micro four-thirds" format</a>.<br>

The <a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/631816-REG/"><strong>Olympus MF-2 Micro Four Thirds to OM Lens Adapter</strong> </a>will let you attach your lenses to one of the current cameras. But, because of the difference in format, all your lenses will seem more telephoto on the new camera than they did on the old film camera. And, due to the design of OM optics, autofocus and auto exposure are not available with the MF-2. Manual or aperture priority exposure is required for photo applications. Focusing using the camera LCD or viewfinder is recommended as the distance scales of OM lenses may not be accurate when used with non-OM cameras. <br /> <br /> Henry Posner<br /><strong>B&H Photo-Video</strong></p>

Henry Posner

B&H Photo-Video

<blockquote>

<p>I'm guessing that the lens Dad had work work the same on another (digital) camera..</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Well, yes and no. Work: yes, work the same: no. What Henry said is that used on the current Olympus cameras, the image will look a lot more zoomed in. So, out of the lenses you mention, none of them can show very wide angles on those digital cameras. There are other brand cameras you can mount it on with an adapter (Sony, Fuji, Panasonic), but unless you want to stretch budget to the Sony A7 series, all of them will have this more zoomed-in look.<br>

It's also worth noting that all of these lenses are manual focus only. If you don't like photography and working on making decent photos, you probably want something that can do autofocus.</p>

<p>So, I think the simplest advice is: forget about these lenses. If you're not very sentimental about the gear, Olympus OM-1 in a good state with some lenses is certainly still worth a bit (they're really nice cameras), you can see indicative prices on eBay.</p>

<p>Thank You Wouter.. <br>

All Dads gear was always kept new,, he took care of things. Looking at them I wondered if he ever used them at all ,, but I know he did.. I think what I really need to do at this point is keep the Gear he had instead of spending the funds on something I know little about,, and use the 35mm to learn what I need to know so I can make a educated decision ... <br>

Off to self taught school now I guess LOL<br>

I guess I need to find someone local that develops 35mm and can convert it to pixels</p>

<p>There are OM to E-mount adapters available. This would adapt the lenses to Sony cameras, potentially some models with full-frame sensors (costing $1000 or more) allowing the same view as with film. The lenses would be non-automatic and you would need to stop them down for shooting. Fortunately the OM lens mount has a stop-down button at the base of every lens so you can compose, hold in the button, and shoot, or turn the ring if your adapter is nice enough to have it's own stopdown.</p>