Any advice is appreciated

gregg_b

<p>Hi Gregg, Don't you get tired of seeing all those photog websites that look dark and all the same?<g> Yours is definitely bright. Usually a designer builds a color chart of complementary colors they can use. I don't think the black works, but if you replaced it with dark gray, or better yet, something that complements the orange/yellow... mud color? The banner kind of bugs me that it doesn't go across the entire page.</p>

<p>The leaf images look a bit out of place. Can you replace it with something that looks less generic, and more like you or your work?</p>

<p>The images in the middle look like cheapo prints. Can you rework the central image to maybe a single one or one that rotates between your work? Really, show a great piece that is framed and matted--that seems to be the focus of your site, which you've done a good, concise job of relating to the visitor.</p>

<p>I'd replace "Welcome" with something more to the point, like "Fabulous Photographic Art for your Home or Office"... or something that instantly conveys what you do.</p>

<p>When I saw your images, I also thought it odd that you would take such skewed images of your work. Can you straighten them up somehow?</p>

<p>Two side notes: 1) Can you use a real URL for your site, rather than a subdomain name? 2) Your HTML code is not optimized for search engines. You might want to read up on that: meta tags, alt tags, etc.</p>

<p>Good luck to you!</p>

<p>Thanks, Michael, for the advice. I made the leaf image myself, but yeah I know what you mean. I'll work on that.<br>

I do plan on redoing the central image as well. Good call. <br>

I like the skewed images, but you and some others disagree. I'll retake the pictures head-on. You're probably right that it will look more professional.<br>

Getting my own URL is definitely something I plan on doing. I'm new to SEO and I'm learning how to do it. If you have any specific sites that show how to do that, let me know.<br>

Thanks again.</p>

<p>I liked the layout and straightforward navigation. In the gallery section, I thought is was kind of odd, that the image of what was for sale was a pic in the frame on the wall, as a customer I would have rather been able to see just the image, with maybe a second thumbnail showing the frame. Maybe you could also add a description of the frame, and specifiy if your dimensions are for the image or include the entire matted, framed piece. Also, I would prefer more info about the photographer, especially since you are asking for money and are on a site which says it's free, I felt like if you could add more legitmacy about yourself it would be good- maybe a page that says where you are, includes a pic of your studio or gallery, slide in your business license number.....etc. Nice images.</p>

<p>Thanks you guys. I'm continuing to improve my site and have a lot of ideas about what I want the finished product to look like. I registered <a href="http://eyeimaginephotos.com">eyeimaginephotos.com</a> and I intend to sell bright, creative, and fun framed photos. I'm continuing to add content and develop the look of the site so in the meantime please continue to offer advice and criticism. Thanks!</p>

<p>I like the setup generally, but here are my thoughts.</p>

<p>1. I don't get the connection between the leaves and photography? Your name is eyeimagesphotos, and not one play on words in the whole lot. LOL j/k<br>

2. From a graphic standpoint, I think the top and side banners needs some other layers in them to fill the blank space.<br>

3. As someone mentioned in the gallery, no photos of the photos? And the guy is blocking the first pic completely.<br>

4. Under contact, I think you should at least have a PO Box listed. In this day of ID Theft, Im skeptical of places with no land space to call home, even if I am paying online. And since you're using a Form for people to contact you, that REALLY have no idea who and where you are (meaning no email address). Also, if you're gonna use a form, you should had some type of CAPTCHA. I guaranteed you'll get spammed if you dont.</p>